LEAN'S MISSION IS TO PROMOTE SUPPORTIVE RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN LAW ENFORCEMENT AND THE COMMUNITIES THEY SERVE.
IN SERVICE OF THIS MISSION LEAN:
Provides resources to support those affected by use of force by law enforcement officers.
Facilitates dialogue between police and concerned community residents.
Advocates for policy changes that support community policing, police accountability and transparency.
- LEAN is fiscally sponsored by the ACLU Foundation of Southern California -
- 2017 - Developed report on law enforcement use-of-force in collaboration with ACLU of Southern California
- 2015 - Helped pass California Assembly Bill 953 to require data collection on police stops to address concerns about bias and racial profiling
- 2014 - California State Assembly recognized Theresa as part of Women of Distinction
- 2012 - County of Orange, City of Anaheim, and City of La Habra awarded Theresa the Orange County Hispanic Woman of the Year Award